The following information is taken from St Mary’s SEND Information Report
At Saint Mary’s Catholic Voluntary Academy, we value the abilities and achievements of all our pupils, and we are committed to providing, for each pupil, the best possible environment for learning. All teachers in our school are teachers of all children, including those with SEND. we embrace the fact that every child is different and, therefore, the educational needs of every child are different. We strive to support all children to enable them to achieve their full potential at school. In order to do this, many steps are taken to support them through their learning journey.
It is our vision to create a happy and stimulating learning environment in which all members of the school community can grow in self-esteem and develop to their full potential as individuals in a diverse society.
Statement of Intent
It is the aim of this school to provide every child with the best education possible. Our objective in setting out the school’s Special Educational Needs Information Report is to make everyone aware that we want all pupils to benefit as fully as possible from the education provided within the school.
We cater for pupils who experience difficulties in:
- Communication and interaction
- Cognition and learning
- Emotional and social development
- Sensory and/ or physical and medical conditions
Aims and Objectives for 2023-24
- To identify pupils with special educational needs as early as possible and that their needs are met.
- To have in place systems whereby teachers are aware of such pupils and cater to their individual needs.
- To provide all our children with a broad and balanced curriculum that is differentiated to the needs and ability of the individual.
- To be sympathetic to each child’s needs by providing a strong partnership between children, parents, governors, local authority and outside agencies.
- To ensure all pupils make effective progress and realise their full potential.
- To ensure all pupils take a full and active part in school life.
- To work with other schools to share good practise in order to improve this policy.
Our St Mary’s SEND Information Report is complicit with the statutory requirement laid out in the SEND Code of Practice 0-25 September 2014.